Wednesday, July 14, 2010

weighty matters...............

I have really let myself go because of my health issues. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and hypothyroidism. Because of the medications I am on for fibro and cfs I gained alot of weight, also due to being in pain daily and having extreme exhaustion I quit exercising, which caused me to gain more weight. I also started treating myself to ice cream and comfort foods because I didnt feel good most of the time. All of this has added up to alot of weight gain. I have decided to do something about it.
I have struggled with my weight all of my adult life. I had lost 105 lbs about 13 yrs ago and kept it off for 4 yrs. When I got sick I gained it all back plus more. So I know all the info and how to do it. It is just a matter of doing it. Putting my mind to it. And I know it is going to be alot of hard work.
I would love for people to join me in my weight loss efforts. It is so much easier to do when you have support. I will be posting tips, recipes, and my weight loss efforts.........HELP me to stay accountable.....PLEASE

1 comment:

Laney Few said...

hi,
i have CFS also but weight-wise am at the other end of the scale. i find it hard to put weight on. i was 8 and a half stone but when my health deteriorated lost over a stone in weight. its hard to eat regularly and well when you don't have the energy to cook and preper good healthy food. i thankfully have got back up to 8st now. you'll find that you are not alone struggling with weight issues, it is so common for CFS sufferers to have weight gain or loss.
i wish you luck with your healthly eating plan and will be watching for tips on good easy to preper tasty food. just please don't exert yourself to much with exercise, this could make you really very ill.

good luck and best wishes

Laney x